Want a bit of oomph with your winter warmer soup? Make this hearty tortellini minestrone version.
The ingredient of Tortellini minestrone soup
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 4 slices flat pancetta, chopped (see note)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 600ml jar tomato passata (sugo) (see note)
- 250g dried cheese tortellini
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup basil pesto, plus extra to serve
- Grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Tortellini minestrone soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the pancetta, onion, garlic, carrot and celery and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add potato, stock and passata and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water according to packet instructions. Drain and refresh. Add pasta to the soup with the cannellini beans. Stir through the pesto and serve with extra pesto and parmesan.
Nutritions of Tortellini minestrone soupcalories: 353.481 calories
calories: 20 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 28 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 1408.57 milligrams sodium